Uniform Crime Reporting Survey (UCR)
Geographic location of hate crime, name
Geographic location refers to the physical place a statistical unit is located and for which statistics are collected and disseminated.
Hate crime refers to a criminal violation motivated by hate, based on race, national or ethnic origin, language, colour, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation or any other similar factor, such as profession or political beliefs.
The data for this variable are reported using the following classifications and/or lists:
- Canada and outside Canada - Sub-areas
- Police-reported hate crime, by most serious violation, Canada Table: 252-0093
- Police-reported hate crime, by type of motivation, Canada Table: 252-0092
- Municipal and rural police services
- Police-reported hate crime, by police service, Canada Table: 252-0091 *Terminated*