Survey of Innovation and Business Strategy
Obstacle of enterprise, category
Obstacle refers to barriers or difficulties of many kinds that interfere with the activities of a person or a business.
Enterprise refers to the highest level of the Business Register statistical hierarchy. In alignment with the System of National Accounts, it is defined as an institutional unit that directs and controls the allocation of resources relating to its operations, and for which financial statements are maintained from which international transactions, an international investment position and a financial position for the unit can be derived. Enterprises can be corporations, quasi-corporations, institutions, or unincorporated businesses such as sole proprietors or partnerships. For incorporated enterprises, financial statements can be consolidated.
The data for this variable are reported using the following classifications and/or lists:
- Difficulty in relocating or outsourcing business activities to another country
- Export obstacles, total response
- Measures taken to mitigate obstacles to innovation
- Obstacles to exporting, total response
- Obstacles to innovation, total response
- Obstacles to relocating or outsourcing business activities to another country, total response