Survey of Innovation and Business Strategy
Innovation of enterprise, category
Innovation refers to an implementation of products (good and service), or new methods that are based on an original idea and that make it stand out.
Enterprise refers to the highest level of the Business Register statistical hierarchy. In alignment with the System of National Accounts, it is defined as an institutional unit that directs and controls the allocation of resources relating to its operations, and for which financial statements are maintained from which international transactions, an international investment position and a financial position for the unit can be derived. Enterprises can be corporations, quasi-corporations, institutions, or unincorporated businesses such as sole proprietors or partnerships. For incorporated enterprises, financial statements can be consolidated.
The data for this variable are reported using the following classifications and/or lists:
- Changes resulting from innovation, total response
- Impact of process innovation
- Innovation activities of enterprise, total response
- Innovation new to one of the business' markets
- Innovation type, total response
- Introduction of novelty of product
- Marketing innovations introduced
- Product innovation development