Job Vacancy and Wage Survey (JVWS)
Job vacancy of location, category
Job vacancy refers to a job that meets all of the following conditions: it is vacant on the reference date (first day of the month) or will become vacant during the month; there are tasks to be carried out during the month for the job in question; the employer is actively seeking a worker outside the organization to fill the job. The jobs could be full-time, part-time, permanent, temporary, casual, or seasonal. Jobs reserved for subcontractors, external consultants, or other workers who are not considered employees, are excluded.
Location refers to the lowest level of the Business Register statistical hierarchy. The location, as a statistical unit, is defined as a production unit at a single geographical location at which or from which economic activity is conducted and for which, at a minimum, employment data are available.
The data for this variable are reported using the following classifications and/or lists:
- Job vacancy characteristics, certification or level of education sought
- Job vacancy characteristics, duration
- Job vacancy characteristics, full-time or part-time
- Job vacancy characteristics, level of experience sought
- Job vacancy characteristics, permanent status
- Job vacancy characteristics, recruitment strategies
Report a problem on this page
Is something not working? Is there information outdated? Can't find what you're looking for?
Please contact us and let us know how we can help you.
- Date modified: