Questionnaire(s) and reporting guide(s) for fourth quarter 2011
Quarterly Trucking Survey 1. Operating revenue from trucking: - Include all revenue earned by your business from the transportation of freight by truck. - Include revenue received from services performed by owner operators on behalf of your business.
2. All other operating revenue: - Include all operating revenue from sources other than trucking, such as storage and warehousing, van line commission and insurance, equipment rentals, packaging and crating, etc. - Exclude interest and divided income.
3. Total operating revenue: - Add amounts reported in questions 1 and 2 above.
4. Employee salaries, wages and benefits: - Employees are those workers for whom you will issue a T4 - Statement of Remuneration Paid. - Include vacation pay, bonuses and commissions. - Include the employer portion of employee benefits such as Canada Pension Plan, employment insurance, medical/life insurance, etc. - Exclude payments to owner operators and expenses associated with employment agencies or personnel suppliers (agency drivers).
5. Vehicle fuel expenses: - Include fuel expenses only for vehicles owned or leased by this business. - Include excise taxes. - Exclude expenses for lubricants.
6. All other operating expenses: - Include payments to owner operators and agency drivers (if applicable). - Include expenses such as repairs and maintenance, rental and leasing, utilities, depreciation of assets, insurance, licenses, marketing, etc. - Exclude interest expenses.
7. Total operating expenses: - Add amounts reported in questions 4, 5 and 6 above.